I've been a work at home mom since 1989. I've had a fully functional home office since 2004 and I've managed sales and marketing clients since 2007. I've done some recruiting before and loved it but something – usually straight commission – has always knocked me out of it. Most recently the employer wanted more hours out of me than I could give. Most of the jobs I've held down that resembled recruiting have essentially been glorified telemarketing. I did some researching and found this forum, a place to ask questions possibly. I was wondering what would be the best way for somebody to start up more seriously in this field? Can a relative beginner break in still? I need steady pay, is there a company that offers a base salary or one where the pay structure is such that compensation is forthcoming regularly. Any help is appreciated.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you looking to continue to work from home?  My best guess would be without a track record in the industry it may be hard to come across something work at home AND have a salary.  Commission probably, but salary probably not.  I could be wrong, of course, but that would be my experience in the industry.

I'm not sure what to suggest if you want to work out of the house and recruit.  Most of the time you would transition into that role, or perhaps there is a company out there that uses this as their business model.  Personally, I don't know of one, but that doesn't mean they don't exist! 

Good luck in your search!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service