I created an informal poll on LinkedIn which was geared towards finding out what's in a candidates' mind with respect to changing jobs in today's economy- would love it if you could spread the word. Need to have a LinkedIn account but should not be a problem, right?

http://is.gd/d2oE

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Suzy,

I'd like to see some other choices in the poll, like:

"More interesting, challenging work"
"A better chance for professional growth"
"Doing things that I love"

What do you think?
-Irina
Hi Irina,
On LinkedIn polls, you are limited to 5 questions with 74 characters or less, so I was trying to get to the *meat* of the topics. Your questions are great- that would have to be another poll. Care to start one?


Irina Shamaeva said:
Hi Suzy,

I'd like to see some other choices in the poll, like:

"More interesting, challenging work"
"A better chance for professional growth"
"Doing things that I love"

What do you think?
-Irina
Suzy,

I see! Well, I'm not up for changing jobs right now anyway :)

I just did my "poll", the Boolean Contest
http://booleanstrings.wordpress.com/2008/12/23/boolean-quiz-correct...
(and thanks for your nice comment).
I used Surveymonkey.com and it can certainly be also used for a poll.
It's a really convenient, easy to use and inexpensive site, I think.

I suppose if you post right on LinkedIn though members are more likely to answer.

-Irina

Suzy said:
Hi Irina,
On LinkedIn polls, you are limited to 5 questions with 74 characters or less, so I was trying to get to the *meat* of the topics. Your questions are great- that would have to be another poll. Care to start one?


Irina Shamaeva said:
Hi Suzy,

I'd like to see some other choices in the poll, like:

"More interesting, challenging work"
"A better chance for professional growth"
"Doing things that I love"

What do you think?
-Irina
I loved your Boolean contest BTW and also commented on the site.
Yes, SurveyMonkey is useful- I just liked that the poll app was within Linkedin therefore I could reach, well millions upon millions! Still testing it out but, so far I also like the reporting features. As a matter of fact, here are the results to the first part of the poll (I added an addendum today, same questions just reminding people to vote and also adding to FB page- the first poll was broadcast via Twitter, and I posted it as an update on my LI Profile- 12 new responses in an hour or so!)

Results from 1st poll Dec 19-Dec21:
http://polls.linkedin.com/p/13869/rncll



Irina Shamaeva said:
Suzy,

I see! Well, I'm not up for changing jobs right now anyway :)

I just did my "poll", the Boolean Contest
http://booleanstrings.wordpress.com/2008/12/23/boolean-quiz-correct...
(and thanks for your nice comment).
I used Surveymonkey.com and it can certainly be also used for a poll.
It's a really convenient, easy to use and inexpensive site, I think.

I suppose if you post right on LinkedIn though members are more likely to answer.

-Irina

Suzy said:
Hi Irina,
On LinkedIn polls, you are limited to 5 questions with 74 characters or less, so I was trying to get to the *meat* of the topics. Your questions are great- that would have to be another poll. Care to start one?


Irina Shamaeva said:
Hi Suzy,

I'd like to see some other choices in the poll, like:

"More interesting, challenging work"
"A better chance for professional growth"
"Doing things that I love"

What do you think?
-Irina

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

Groups

© 2019   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service