Our company, SM&A,is the world’s leading management consulting firm specializing in structuring winning proposals for clients from the largest aerospace and defense contractors, to major software providers, to healthcare and financial/audit service providers.

We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: WINS), headquartered in Newport Beach, California. Our 250+ associates provide the intellectual capital in the areas of consulting solutions/expertise for Proposal Management, Planning/Scheduling, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), Milestone Success (design review delivery), Award Fee management, Project Management, Technical / Systems Engineering.

The Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Retired General Peter Pace recently joined our company as CEO and President of its Strategic Advisors group. Who understands defense better?

Principal Systems Engineer Consultant (Milestone Success):

• Lead System Engineering (SE) efforts during any program phase for large, complex programs.
• Documents, follows, owns, and improves the project’s and the organization’s SE processes.
• Architects, captures and reports technical decisions and SE metrics.
• Serves as interpreter and translater for the various disciplines represented on the team and a point of contact for evaluation of problems arising from the interdisciplinary nature of the work.
• Communicates various points of view & ensures client decisions are properly reflected in the system/program design.

Requirements:

BS (MS preferred) in Engineering or Computer Science, with 20+ years of applicable experience, or Masters in Systems Engineering with 15+ years applicable experience.

Demonstrated experience as the program level technical supervisor for major systems engineering or assessment efforts. Broad SE experience in areas such as Product Development, Technical Project Management, Proposal Writing, Business Development, and Life Cycle Engineering. Strong knowledge of the Systems Engineering Process, able to translate tasks and deliverables across company, industry and DoD process definitions. Must possess strong measurement skills, and understand what technical parameters to measure during the system lifecycle. Must have strong understanding of the system lifecycle critical parameters (operations, logistics, sparing, MTBF, etc.).

Systems Engineer discipline experience required in one or more of the following areas:
o Product Development
o Technical Program Management
o System Architecting
o System Design, Functional Design, Product Design, Modeling & Simulation
o System Test & Integration

Previous experience on Aerospace/Defense, DoD, or Space programs required. Previous consulting experience and or IT engagement experience a plus. Proficiency with tools of Systems Engineering Discipline required. Proficiency with MS Office suite required. MS Project or MS Access proficiency a plus.

Clearance preferred: Secret or Top Secret, with SCI.

I would love to collaborate with everyone here. Please contact me directly at maya.walker@smawins.com, or call 800-390-4927. Tell me what you need, and I'll be happy to keep my eyes and ears open for you. My niche is weapons systems. Who do you know?

Views: 41

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service