Skype now offers international calls for about $10 bucks a month. If you haven't tried this yet, I encourage that you do. If you are using it, would you share your experience?

With Skype's Unlimited World plan ($9.95/mo), you can make calls to 36 international countries (landlines and some cell phones). I've been a Skype fan for many years but have never tried their paid call services until now. I have to say despite some glitches, the sound and connection quality is amazing. So far I have called Germany (Bielefeld), India, and China. Only Germany had poor connection (static sound) but it was probably because the location where I called was remote. In India, the line dropped once in Delhi but I was able to reconnect quickly and continue with the conversation. In China, the landlines worked great but cell phone calls were weak. I had to ask the other side to speak loudly. All in all, it's an amazing technology for the price and I love that I don't have to watch the clock when interviewing candidates outside of the US now. I look forward to using this tool and sharing it. Here is the URL if you like more information…
http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/subscriptions/uscanadaworld/

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using Skype video call for a year or 2, so I can virtually "meet" people in my interview. It does add more value to me than a phone interview. Even better it is free. :)

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service