room and close the door. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours and then analyze the situation.
If they are counting the bricks.
Put them in the accounts department.
If they are recounting them.
Put them in auditing.
If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks.
Put them in engineering.
If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order.
Put them in planning!!
If they are throwing the bricks at each other.
Put them in operations.
If they are sleeping.
Put them in reception
If they have broken the bricks into pieces.
Put them in information technology.
If they are sitting idle.
Put them in human resources.
If they say they have tried different combinations, yet not a brick has been moved.
Put them in sales.
If they have already left for the day.
Put them in marketing.
If they are staring out of the window.
Put them on strategic planning.
And then last but not the least.
If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been moved.
Congratulate them and put them in top management.…
bility to build lasting client relationships, willing to relocate, seeking high level management position where I can apply skills and continue to grow within the company.
• Experienced in human resources, operations management, sales, budget development, staffing, cost control, suppliers, international travel, visual merchandising, marketing, and property management.
• Adept in communicating effectively with customers, vendors, and staff; Able to motivate employees to their maximum potential in a team - oriented environment.
• Exceptional organizational and planning skills: highly adaptable; enjoys new challenges.
• Successfully worked for many different retailers and shopping center developer including: Westfield, Cartier International, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, GAP, Baby Gap and Gymboree.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER – CENTER MANAGEMENT
San Diego, CA (August 2007 – Present)
• Transferred as an AGM from a General Manager position within the company, in order to work at a key property with over 150 stores that has the largest redevelopment project in the Westfield pipe-line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensured the Accounts Receivables for the property are up to date and balanced.
• Responsible for the timely delivery of reports such as: sales, legal, Business Outlook.
• Worked with several of the departments such as Marketing, Specialty Leasing, and Accounting in order to ensure that they are able to set and meet their own goals.
• Ensured that Customer Service issues were addressed either by the center of the retailer.
• Participated in Budgets, CAP EX Projects and assisted with specific areas such as Operations, Marketing, and Specialty Leasing.
• Worked with onsite Security in order to ensure that the level of communication and follow up were always at the highest in regards to any incidents at the center.
• Assisted in interviewing & hiring candidates for positions including: Operations Manager, Property Accountant, receptionist, concierge, and Specialty Leasing Manager.
• Successfully communicated with all retailers in order to learn their thoughts on the business and to assist in driving their sales to ensure center sales goal growth.
GENERAL MANAGER – AIRPORT RETAIL
Miami International Airport, Miami, FL (2004-2007)
• Responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of the airport retail program. Location concepts included newsstands, food and beverage, apparel, jewelry & accessories, electronics, sundries and toy stores. Examples of tenants in the program are: Brookstone, Dunkin Donuts, Borders and Ron Jon. I was responsible for ensuring corporate objectives were achieved at the lowest cost consistent with corporate and Airport requirements. Also interacted with Airports or clients and their representatives to ensure their needs and objectives are satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensured effective cost control and profitability for the program. Identified problem areas and proactively improved performance. Prepared annual operating budget.
• Responsible for successful sales for the program of over $50 million.
• Maintained communications in English and Spanish with tenants and client to improve performance. Hired, trained and supervised on-site management personnel. Set goals and objectives to evaluate performance
• Responsible for the collection of monthly receivables and issuing of payables.
• Contracted with outside vendors, prepared scope statements and obtained bids.
• Monitored contractors performance and ensured timely completion of projects.
• Evaluated the Airport retail program and executed a variety of improvements.
• Drafted and executed all Temporary Retail Leasing Agreements.
• Monitored on-site tenant construction for compliance with approved plans. Work proactively with tenant coordination and others to ensure minimal revenue loss from commencement dates.
• Oversaw and managed the marketing program of over $220K.
• Handled any tenant issues or questions in regards to their leases in order to insure leases were upheld.
• Represented my company in local community outreach programs and was an active member on the Miami Dade Aviation Department Marketing Committee, and the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau.
CARTIER VISUAL MERCHANDISING SUPERVISOR
Richemont Latin America & Caribbean, Miami, Fl (2002-2004)
• Prepared, trained and implement themes in over 200 boutiques and wholesale points of sales merchandising displays and seasonal theme decorations. Assumed purchasing and stock management responsibility for all visual merchandising consumable references. Supervised and coordinated the upkeep of wholesale point of sales and fixtures in conjunction with customers and vendors. Prepared and installed decorations and displays from blueprints or drawings for trade expositions, conferences, and other special events. I traveled extensively to over 200 points of sales in Latin America and Caribbean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Set-up of seasonal window themes in Latin America and Caribbean: direct responsibility for design of external boutique display themes. Coordinated boutique merchandisers, staff and storeowners.
• Followed up and initiated maintenance project for points of sales.
• Display set-up for wholesale network (USDF, Caribbean, and Central America): Set-up of new campaigns/wholesale network. Introduced new display material throughout along with working with local suppliers and carpenters to maintain costs.
• Performed training sessions for merchandisers (wholesale) POS on display and sales techniques in English and Spanish.
• Followed-up on display material availability, including ordering of all necessary elements and shipping to the point of sale.
• Display set-up (logistics) of special presentations and promotional events in countries such as Argentina, Aruba, Mexico, Chile, Grand Cayman, and St. Barth’s.
• Set up company sales in office venues and executed the event to resemble an actual Cartier store.
• Worked with bonded warehouses in order to ensure shipment of display materials and merchandise.
SENIOR ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Ann Taylor, Miami, Fl (1999 -2002)
• Successfully managed one of the top national high-end women’s retail stores in South Florida. Oversaw all aspects of business and assisted general manager. Additionally assisted in the opening of local stores in other areas and responsible for sales, conception of floor plan, visual displays, window dressing overall set up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for merchandising – establishing floor plans, setting up window displays and floor displays, adjusting windows and floors to seasons, local market trends and special events and to sales.
• Operations responsibilities including: analyzing sales trends; inventory control, developing action plans to correct focus areas; decreasing loss and increasing profit; ensured that daily operations were up to standards.
• Created new business through community involvement and active public relations programs.
• Oversaw all human resource activities such as: recruiting, hiring, training, development; reviews, appraisals and schedule management for a staff of 35. Trained service staff in customer service and in suggestive selling.
• Ensured that customer service was assured and up to standards.
• Oversaw sales goals for sales staff by analyzing daily/weekly/monthly/ yearly figures.
• Supervised the responsibilities of 3 other Assistant Managers.
Florida International University, Miami, Florida: International Relations (1999)
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
• JD Edwards E1, Crystal, New Business Objects, Alchemy and Realm
• Excellent team building skills
• Highly adaptable to social/cultural differences…
now we in the recruitment sector (especially industrial) are known as the biggest sharks on the planet and are finding ourselves increasingly shunned.
I think its time for people to take note and ADAPT OR FAIL!
as you stated kevyn yes people are shying away from these calls, the recruitment consultant is getting pushier and the sales tactics more aggressive.
The calls happen at home they happen at work you are bombarded by telephone spam until you want to scream.
I think people are fed up of pushy sales calls and now a more sophisticated approach is needed.
I shant blurt out what i do right here and now but if you ponder on other avenues and think (yes its a cliche) out of the box you will survive if not ..........go sell windows.
Hard copy brochure plus email plus phonecall? theres a hint!
perhaps telephone manner has something to do with it, i receive far too many phonecalls from people who can bareley grasp their native language let alone want to actually listen to you!…
s at the following locations Wednesday, December 8th Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner 7920 Jones Branch Drive McLean, VA 22102 Grand Ballroom 10AM to 3PM AND Thursday, December 9th BWI Airport Marriott 1743 West Nursery Road Baltimore, MD 21090 Event Time 12PM to 5PM Grand Ballroom Don’t miss the opportunity to Meet with recruiters from the following companies and more...... AGC AT&T Government Solutions BAE Systems North America DCCA Stargates Dell Freedom Consulting CSC CyberCore Fusion Tech RGTX TELOS Lockheed Martin Corporation EIS Talent Source CELESTAR BOGART DELTA INNOVEX ProSync INFOZEN MTCSC National Semiconductor Qivliq Federal Service Group Minerva Engineering SAIC Serco The Analysis Corp The Boeing Company Varen Technologies For a complete list of companies and upcoming dates, log onto www.SecurityClearanceEXPO and more... Various opportunities available for: Java Developers Cyber Security Documentation Information Assurance Intelligence Analyst Information Security Java Developer Network Administrator RF Engineer Software Engineer Systems Administrator Systems Engineer Telecom Engineer Test Engineer Unix System Administrator VTC Business Critical Server Sales Specialist Data SAN Architect (TS/SCI LS poly or CI poly) Database Administrators Enterprise Account Manager –AF/DoD Industry Standard Server Sales Specialist Information System Security Engineers Oracle/SQL DBA (TS/SCI FS LS or CI poly TS/SCI FDA) PMP Certified (TS/SCI LSP or CI) Pre-Sales Industry Standard Server Consultants Pre-Sales Storage Consultant Software Engineers Storage Engineer (TS/SCI FS poly) Superdome Hardware Engineers(TS/SCI FS poly) Technical PM Test Engineers UNIX/Linux System Engineers(Clearances preferred at TS/SCI FS level) VMware Consultants (TS/SCI LS poly) Windows Citrix (TS/FS) Windows Exchange with Migration experience (FDA Clearance) Windows/Citrix/SharePoint Consultants (TS/SCI FS poly) Client Sales Executive –Intelligence (TS/SCI FS poly) –Herndon VA Sales Consultant – Intelligence Community Acquisition Professional 4 Corporate Communications Specialist Financial Program Analyst Master Scheduler System Engineer III Wednesday, December 8th Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner 7920 Jones Branch Drive McLean, VA 22102 Grand Ballroom 10AM to 3PM Thursday, December 9th BWI Airport Marriott 1743 West Nursery Road Baltimore, MD 21090 Event Time 12PM to 5PM Active or Current Clearance (used within the last 2 years) US Government or Military issued security clearance required! SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT BRING SEVERAL COPIES OF YOUR RESUME AND BRING A FRIEND www.securityClearanceEXPO.com for additional information or to apply to jobs directly Employers interested in participating at a SecurityClearanceEXPO or finding out more on how to get the most out of your budget contact Anthony Duque. Space is always limited. For more information and directions go to www.securityclearanceEXPO.com or Anthony Duque @ 516-942-7579 ext.260 -email Anthony@SecurityClearanceExpo.com …
e is networked out of his mind. LinkedIn LION, has 2 Facebook Accounts, 2 Myspace Accounts, a Twitter Account, and now on a Microsoft Windows Live networking site.) At some point it's more work than it's worth to maintain all of those accounts.
Networking used to be an art when it meant meeting people face-to-face, shaking hands, getting on the phone and maintaining contact. That's not easy. Now it's become a cheap whore. There's no art or high skill involved in sending invites and using search engines. I think that's what the "symbol of poverty" bit was alluding to. Everyone is exposed to everyone and there's no high skill or hard work involved in real networking.
Steve--sorry I didn't call back last Friday! I'm on a super sales binge trying to recruit and place people. I'll reach out today!…