Reports To: Director, Human Capital
Location: Reston, VA
This position administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, income protection, short-term disability, long-term disability, workers' compensation, leave of absence, Flexible Spending (Section 125), etc. Works closely with the insurance broker. Acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers, resolves benefit related problems and ensures effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. Reviews and analyzes all benefit invoices, resolves discrepancies and assure invoices are accurate. Responsible for all aspects of the HRIS, including employee and benefit information. Provides policy and procedure information to employees. Acts autonomously as part of the Human Capital team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Oversee and manage company’s employee benefit programs – responsibilities include working closely with the company’s insurance broker and other providers to identify resources available to employees, make recommendations on additional employee benefits and services.
• Manage fiscal elements relating to the employee benefit programs, including processing of monthly benefits related bills and billing changes due to status changes. Independently resolve discrepancies with providers.
• Administer and maintain employee benefit programs for all employees, including group health, dental, voluntary supplemental programs, COBRA, LTD, STD, vacation, sick time, FMLA and 401K.
• Utilizing independent judgment, researches and applies federal and state regulations, and company policies and procedures to each individual application for FMLA, STD and LTD. Accurately communicate this information to employees and managers.
• Effectively and accurately communicate benefits information and company policies and processes to employees
• Responsible for communication and support for employees regarding their benefits.
• Create various reports related to vacation and other benefits.
• Manage annual open enrollment for benefits
• Maintain and provide suggestions for improving the HR Information System, including organization of information and reporting of information to management, benefits databases, etc.
• Act as liaison and resource for payroll and ensure accurate transmission of salary and other data between Human Capital and payroll
• 4 year college degree in business, psychology, human resource management, communications, or other relevant field.
• 2-4 years experience in Benefits Coordinator role strongly preferred.
• Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task autonomously in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Ability to interact with peers in a team-oriented operating structure
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Experience dealing with major insurance carriers and employee benefits brokers preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience managing the open enrollment process.
• Experience maintaining and managing an HRIS. Experience with HR Perspective and ADP is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Knowledge of H1B Visa and U.S. immigration processes and common issues is a plus.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in measuring the digital world. This capability is based on a massive, global cross-section of approximately 2 million Internet users who have given comScore permission to confidentially capture their browsing and transaction behavior, including online and offline purchasing. comScore panelists also participate in survey research that gathers and integrates their attitudes and intentions. Using its proprietary technology, comScore measures what matters across a broad spectrum of digital behavior and attitudes and helps clients design more powerful marketing strategies that deliver superior ROI. With its recent acquisition of M:Metrics, comScore is also a leading source of data on mobile usage. In an independent survey of 800 of the most influential publishers, advertising agencies and advertisers in the U.S. conducted by William Blair & Company in July 2008, comScore was rated the 'most preferred online audience measurement service' by 54% of respondents, a full 20 points ahead of its nearest competitor. comScore services are used by more than 950 clients, including global leaders such as AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo!, BBC, Carat, Cyworld, Deutsche Bank, France Telecom, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Financial Times, ESPN, Fox Sports, Nestlé, Starcom, Universal McCann, the United States Postal Service, the University of Chicago, Verizon Services Group and ViaMichelin. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com.