The message is simple and clear to all of us who have dogs. They have qualities we could all do well to think about!
- They give unconditional love, even when they are being yelled at after a long day in the office.
- They are great listeners and don’t talk back. Oh their soft eyes when they give you that woeful look!
- They are great therapists and calm tense situations. Just bring your dogs to the workplace and the office is transformed.
- They are adaptable, they can do tricks (that we adults have fun with!), they can roll over, shake hands, dance on their toes and even go to work in hospitals as therapy dogs, or carry out chores by fetching slippers and newspapers.
- They are soft and cuddly and make great warming blankets and snuggies.
- They bring people together young and old, and they bring laughter and fun.
- They will sit at the door waiting to go for a walk or to go pottie. No yelling or screaming, maybe a simple whimper and a gentle nudge.
- They don’t ask for much in return and are always willing to please.
- They are sometimes called to do dangerous work alongside our troops and uniformed officers. Some even die in the call of duty for their country.
- They become and remain life long friends and companions.
So what does all this mean?
It means true loyalty and unconditional giving and servant ship and lifelong friendship. A desire to please and belong!
Not so bad really huh!
The picture! Oh that is our little Sophie our wonderful Aussiedoodle