I regularly have conversations with folk who say there are so many “philosophies and books” its hard to figure out in simple terms what it all means.
The Number One goal: Is to ensure the achievement of business goals through the personal development and full endeavors of teams and individuals!
1. What are the major challenges they will come across?
- Increased customer choice.
- Globalization and consolidation at all levels of the business.
- Diverse product and service choice and delivery.
- Differing needs and demands of the workforce and workplace.
- Continual need for changing mental models and leadership skill sets.
2. How can they respond?
- Ensure they have processes in place that add value/are effective and there are as few as possible.
- They know when to lead and when to follow.
- They listen to the voices of their business.
- They focus on people first and “ know” that process and tools and techniques will achieve little without the minds of those that use them.
- Continual assess their mental models and leadership skill sets.
3. How are the skills identified to match these requirements?
- Communicate your business vision and mission and the road map.
- Consult, include, listen and ask your employees what skills they and the business need to achieve success.
4. Organize your business for the business in hand.
- Develop, devolve, design, deploy, decentralize, define your structure and organize the way you manage and “layer” the business structure.
- Remember that speed, trust, reputation and delivery are essential.
5. And then.
- Introduce the need for ever increasing adaption and nimbleness.
- Develop leaders from your followers.
- Re -think structure and strategy continually.
- Continually develop the talent.
- Always know when it is time to stop learning and start doing.
- Constantly challenge everything.
- Constantly include your employees.
And then : Remember, you lead because they want to follow, they also have choices!
You need to be a member of RecruitingBlogs to add comments!