There is currently a lot of “talk/noise” about mobile recruiting and in my humble opinion it will be huge, more of that later but for me it is not just about recruiting….mobile has the ability to aid many areas of HR. Why? I hear a cry, well here is my take;
- Mobile is NOT a technology but a channel.
- Mobile is about personal one 2 one ENGAGEMENT.
- Mobile is about PUSH and PULL communications
- Mobile is about REAL TIME communications
- Mobile is engagement on the MOVE.
HR and Recruiting are about or should be about:
Channels and community.
- Personal Engagement
- KIT messaging
So how can mobile be “embraced” by HR – some uses as I see it;
Some key statistics
- Mobile will over take the desk top as the no one way we access the internet.
- It took two years to sell a million iPods, it took 90 days for the iPhone and 28 days for the iPad.
- One third of all mobile traffic is from an iPhone.
A recent job seeker and the mobile survey found;
Mobile will be huge BUT don’t please get caught up with the hype, it is not some panacea that will solve your recruiting problems but it will become part of your media armoury….and finally it is NOT a technology BUT a channel.
Next week I’ll look at what can you do with a mobile app.
- Print is dead, but the news is not going anywhere – great article below.
- A divided Europe? Yes. Consumer spending is growing as is confidence but not across all Europe – will a recruitment recovery be uniform throughout the continent?
- Public Relations becomes Community Relations – and a recruiter is now a PR, Marketing and Salesman all rolled into one.
- Finally lots about mobile
For your own free copy of Recruitment Media Monday sign up here