Inspired by the New Zealand Prime Minister's (my Obama) 'Top 10 reasons to visit NZ' appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman (see video below), I've come up with my own 'Top 10 reasons to embrace social recruiting'. Please note that a team of script writers did not assist me to compile my list.
Top 10 reasons to embrace social recruiting:
10. The term ‘social’ makes it sound fun
9. The idea of building relationships online seems strangely romantic
8. It’s a logical next career step for social networking addicts
7. The world never has enough social media "experts"
6. It’s an excuse for twitter addicts to travel and tweet-up at social recruiting events
5. The vendors and new platforms with a social recruiting bent really want your patronage
4. Because many of your candidates have never used the phone as a speaking device
3. It enables candidate stalking from the comfort of the living room
2. The pop surveys endorsing social recruiting never lie