The importance of asking the right exit interview or survey questions
Unfortunately, most employer neglect exit interviews and surveys. In the current candidate driven job market, it is understandable that most employer rush into recruiting to find a suitable replacement.
However, conducting exit interviews or surveys is a crucial part of the offboarding process, both for the departing employee and the employer. Exit interviews provide closure for both parties.
But exit interviews and surveys are especially useful for an employer. Effective exit interviews can help improve the company’s bottom line by reducing turnover and the associated costs of hiring and training new employees.
In order to reap all the benefits of exit interviews or surveys, it is important to ask the right exit interview questions.
Selection of the best exit interview questions
Here is the list of the top 25 exit interview questions you should ask in your next exit interview or a survey:
Reasons for leaving the company
- What prompted you to start looking for another job?
- What was the biggest factor that led you to accept a new job?
- What makes your new position more attractive than the present job?
- What did you like most about your job?
- What did you dislike the most about your job?
- Did you have all the tools and resources you needed to effectively do your job?
- Were you happy with your benefits, perks and other incentives?
- Do you think our company offers competitive compensation for your position?
- Do you believe your work was adequately recognized and appreciated?
- What was your relationship with your manager like?
- Did you get along well with your team members?
- How would you describe your working relationship with your colleagues?
Learning and advancement opportunities
- How would you evaluate the quality of the training you received?
- Was the feedback you received about your performance timely, helpful, and specific?
- Do you feel like you’ve had enough opportunities for growth and career advancement at our company?
Company culture and work environment
- How would you describe our company culture?
- What could be done to make this company a better place to work?
- Is there a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the organization?
Workplace policies and procedures
- Do you think our company’s policies are adequate?
- Have you ever experienced any discrimination or harassment while working in this organization?
- Do you have a say in the organization’s policy changes?
Employee brand ambassador score
- Would you recommend our company to your friend as a great place to work? Why?
- Would you consider working with us again in the future?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your employee experience in our company?
Bonus exit interview question
- What skills and qualifications do you think we should look for in your replacement?
Want to learn more about exit interviews and surveys?
You need to be a member of RecruitingBlogs to add comments!