We are lucky enough to be living through times where technology can support businesses and keep the economy going.
Here are my top tips for working from home.
- Get dressed each morning. As tempting as it is to stay in your pyjamas, don’t. Getting dressed changes your mindset and reminds you still need to be working.
- Use a reliable video tool such as Zoom, Skype, Teams or any of the other many options available.
- Plan your day. This includes setting regular video meetings throughout the day with colleagues, clients and candidates.
- Over-communicate as this stops the feeling of isolation which can creep in.
- Find somewhere comfortable and quiet to work, even if it’s a bedroom. This will help you to focus on the tasks at hand.
- Take regular breaks. It’s easy to continue to keep working through the day but this will eventually lead to fatigue and de-motivation.
- Take this time to review your CRM systems and pipeline and forward plan for the coming weeks.
- Turn off any unnecessary social media. This will stop unwanted distractions during work hours.
- Stay busy. If you feel work is starting to slow down focus on the things you’ve been meaning to do for a while. It’s a fact that the busier you are the more you do.
- Log off at the end of the day and make sure you get changed out of your work clothes. This allows you to mentally separate business from home.