Blog on SGA TalentWhat is Trending In Recruiting?
The latest game changers in recruiting are Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and many will say these resources or as I call them tools have revolutionized recruiting! So what lies ahead? “What Is Trending In Recruiting?” It may only be for the moment, the day, the month and may or may not make the list next time.
Years ago there were limited options when it came to recruiting talent. Today there are many choices and resources so try to make it a point to explore the different choices and choose the ones that best fit our needs.
So, what is Trending in Recruiting now? Yes literally right now? Because Times They are a-Changin. Click on it, Bob Dylan’s YouTube Song….
So what Is Trending In Recruiting?
1. Corporate internal recruiting functions are growing. These teams are often led by seasoned, ex-Executive Search professionals. Year over year these teams are becoming more sophisticated, efficient and cost-effective.
2. Executive Search firms are experiencing a year-on-year fall in revenues of a -6% from Q2 2011 to Q2 2012, the quarter-on-quarter data highlighted an upward trend (+8.6%) for the first time since June last year.
3. Recruiting from the competition is stronger than ever. Stealth research is needed to do this. Many agree that although social networks have proven to be great resources, a limitation is their ability to show a complete picture of the potential talent pool without further investigation. Traditional research is mostly used for this method of identifying the players at the competition.
4. Passive Candidates Only Need Apply! Still rearing its ugly head.
5. Transactional recruiting is on the rise. Can hires honestly be made without the human touch?
6. Debates over the effectiveness of social networking recruiting continues and how ROI can be measured for such resources. LinkedIn is very very effective but the jury is still out with regards to Twitter and Facebook.
7. Not sure if the current corporate recruiting process can handle the upcoming demand.
8. The use of social media as part of the recruiting process will continue to be a trend for some time. Recruiters and hiring managers use these tools for recruiting, researching, networking and verifying.
9. Too much data! Too many tools! When the demand for talent heats up will some of the social media tools survive? Ask yourself do the use of these tools actually help a lot, so-so or very little. Rate them now!
What are the trends you are seeing? We would be very interested.