The very first recruitDC event will be a conference, scheduled for May 26 at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre in downtown Washington, DC. This event aspires to create a sense of community amongst recruiting professionals in the DC metro area. The conference aims to unite metro-based recruiters in a venue conducive to collaboration, knowledge sharing and numerous learning opportunities geared at recruiting professionals seeking localized career development.
In addition to bringing area recruiters together, the recruitDC event will also showcase speakers in the recruiting industry including:
• Keynote presentation by Gerry Crispin of CareerXRoads entitled “Engage Them or Enrage Them: A Closer Look At the Candidate Experience in 2010”
• Finding Your Purple Squirrel a panel led by Kelly Dingee, AIRS/The Right Thing, showcasing expert sourcing strategies to find the most difficult candidates
• “You’re a Recruiter…So, Now What? How to Make Sense of the Potential Career Paths in the Talent Acquisition Industry” a panel of local recruiting leaders, led by Alan Strauss, Founder of the Talent Acquisition Leadership Council
• Hire a Veteran a panel led by Gerry Crispin, showcasing that hiring veterans are not just for defense firms
• And much more – social media strategies, unconference sessions and roundtables
Thanks to the recruitDC sponsors: Monster, Indeed, SmartBrief, ClearedJobs.Net, AIRS, Jobs2Web, and Staffing Advisors.
To register for this recruitDC conference event, please visit http://recruitdc.eventbrite.com