Be “ruthless” about who you will work with:

Every big biller that I know has clear guidelines regarding who they will and will not work with. They are able to communicate this with both clients and candidates and are often very direct in regards to expectations and requirements. Bottom line: you must respect your time and only work with people who do the same in order to hit high numbers.

You will now be joining the group of recruiters who want to be a Big Biller!

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is very true. One of the most difficult things to do as a recruiter is to turn down business from a new client. Sometimes though, it's the smartest thing you can do and though it's hard to fathom as you painfully walk away from business, in the long run, you position yourself to make more money. Recently, my colleagues and I have regretfully (at first) said no to several new clients. In each instance it was a combination of reasons, they were already working with multiple agencies and because of that were asking for discounted fees, and extended guarantee and payment terms. All of which added up to 'not a good use of our time', which would be better spent on our existing searches with proven clients, many of whom use us exclusively.

I've found that when you close one door, a better door often opens.

~Pam
Youve hit the nail on the head Pam. My simple point was to look for the Category A Job Orders and work them hard - if you dont know what a Cat A is, youve got problems.... all too often recruiters act like magpies and when they see something shiny they go after it.
Big Billers are more discerning about how they work and who they work with because experience tells them that by failing to get relationships right with clients (and there are many many facets to this!) it often leads to issues down the line and less success.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service