Any advice for a third party recruiter that identifies the ideal candidate(1 phone interview, 2 face-to-face) for client on a contingent basis only to have the client administer a "personality test" that has "no wrong answers" and you guessed it, the candidate failed. The personality test is from MSI, get this, I took it and failed as well, come to find out that 8 questions out of about 90 determine the "truthfulness" of the entire test. These questions are based on absolutes, for example: Do or have you ever said anything about anyone behind their back that you wouldn't say to thier face? Apparently, the only answer is yes?

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my experience with personality tests I believe the only you can do is research the test as much as you can on google or other sites and do exactly what you did and take the test yourself. Many of my clients live and die by those tests and all you can do is research the test and your client and let the candidate know what the client expects. Good luck!
Heather,

Thanks for your reply, actually I did take the test and failed with the exect same score. What I gathered was that I may not be a good fit in accounting, which I already knew. Perhaps the test also shed some light on the candidate as well, may be not a good fit for a CPA firm:)

Thanks again!

Jonathan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service