Considering a recruiting career... why should I want to become one?

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

Apart from the fact that recruiting is for only serious minded, determined, and goal/achievement motivated individuals, once you get the ball rolling, recruiting can also be a lot of fun.

I can't tell you why you should want to become a recruiter, just like I can't tell you why you should want to be a lawyer, or a doctor. However I can tell you this. Recruiting is the one of those careers that can put you at any level you want to be professionally.

You can enter this career at any level. I know entry level recruiters that made their first placement in 2 weeks! I also know people that have been in the business who make one placement in 3 months or worse. To be successful, you will develop a lot of marketable skills in this profession. Such skills include project management skills, intensive research skills, communications, business analysis, strategizing, performance tracking, goal setting / attainment and of course, excellent marketing skills, to name a few. You do not have to start off with all these skills, but you will find that you will develop them as you grow in recruiting - Self development is very important to me.

Also, I love to work with people, and that is what we do here. Whether they are clients or candidates with a need, employees that you can develop, or mentors that can develop you further (continuous growth is the key) or colleagues to network with. One other thing I must add, is that finding the candidates is not easy. If it was, the clients will find them and keep the fees themselves. So contrary to popular belief, recruiters actually do a lot of work.

Finally, the fee, which is very substantial (but we deserve it of course), and which is the reason most people get involved in this career, makes all the work, and stress;-) worth it!
http://www.therecruitersedge.com
I love the idea to connect with people, to get to know them; not just their experience and expertise but their goals and dreams. I also love the fact to help companies to find the right employee and at the same time help the individual achieve their expectations.

I love my job

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service