newspaper/media group has increased recruitment web banner sales on the news pages. We added Sticky Notes recruitment advertising opportunities on the front page - both are products to reach a passive audience. Any suggestions on how we, as media providers can keep our long-standing partnerships and not lose the accounts completely to other web resources? We are happy to keep a portion of the accounts' revenues in this market. It's tough out there. We love the relationships we have built over the years, are committed to quality media products, but losing a lot of ground. Thanks!…
online, so the medium is already part of the process. But sourcing = lead generation, whether passive (outbound) or active (inbound) marketing. Screening = lead nurturing: you run a series of assessments and processes designed to qualify and narrow your funnel to only the most viable leads worth turning over to the person who actually closes the deal (sales is marketing's version of a hiring manager). Recruiters don't make the hiring decision, they simply present qualified leads for conversion, and then keep those at other parts of the process warm through stuff like content marketing, automated communications and periodic personal interactions. That's all marketing. But guess that depends on what "true recruiting" means to you.…
from much earlier in the year if memory servers - but don't hold me to the source... if you want it, I'll dig it up.)
Other research shows that cost per leads across various direct marketing methods is much lower with Search than email, classifieds, banners, direct mail, etc. And by much lower I mean avg of $0.45 per lead versus upwards of $2-10 per lead.
The benefits of PPC (Pay Per Click) are easy.... you get measured value (track your conversion!!!) you have no commitment to spend minimum amounts, you can pace your budget, and yes - there is click fraud detection. Not to mention you are paying for action - not 'readership.'
This is SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and should be balanced with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for sure. It's not a matter of which one to select or finding a magic bullet.
While Job boards own 30% of the total US Internet audience (Comscore?) they are losing market share and only target active job seekers. The other 70% is in content and communities. Don't believe me? Head to Alexa and rank the top sites... guarantee you'll find the top 5 to contain at least two search engines - also within the top 10 you'll be hard pressed NOT to find some social network sites like Facebook, MySpace, or YouTube.
Recent homework (and my own data) also shows that job seekers are starting their searches in search engines and NOT on job boards. So ensuring that your jobs are optimized to show up in the organic results of google, yahoo, etc. is not to be ignored.
There are several places that offer this service (optimizing your jobs or creating micro-sites) that can help get you where you'd like to be - the front page of that job seeker's preferred search engine. (Jobs2Web comes to mind and does greatness with RSS feeds - another topic I could ramble about all day.)
Of course, don't forget your goal. SEM for an executive title? SEM for volume? There is a reason you don't hunt birds with a fishing pole. It's important to know what your goal is and to adjust that strategy accordingly.
I have no vested interest in any of the services mentioned above - I'm just sharing. So to your original question... SimplyHired and Indeed are definitely players.
And if I had to pick a SINGLE form of marketing for a considerable amount of hiring... hands down it's SEM/SEO. No hesitation.
Happy to talk directly if you'd like - stepping off my soapbox now. :-)…