d for many organizations, the "how to's" still elude many. We will tackle difficult issues in diversity recruitment and retention and how to develop processes that deliver measurable outcomes. We will also discuss risk management issues as they pertain to diversity recruiting and retention.
Each participant will leave with an action plan to take back to their organizations and start implementing immediately.…
Join Steven Rothberg, Kevin Wheeler, Dennis Smith and Steve Lowisz for a lively panel discussion on the increasingly critical issue of recruiting ethics, pertaining to sourcing, social networks, screening, interviewing and more!…
d true understanding simply cannot take place to the same degree with the digital word as it can with the spoken word. Email and texting are great for simple exchanges, but they should be limited to that..."simple" exchanges. Effectiveness and efficiency both drop dramatically when you get into more complex topics and discussions. Certainly most sales calls would fall under the "complex" description. And like you, I am sometimes guilty of this as well and I am continually working to improve on this. Great post!…
ent availability and interest at this time.
If you are available Please send me your updated Resume ASAP at my email id email@example.com call at my direct no. , (214) 295 8325.
If possible can be referred to your friend. Thank you.
Project Role: JBoss engineer
Start Date: 7/28/2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 6+ months
Worker Skills and Qualifications:
• Three (3 Years minimum production working experience with JBoss Application Server and Red Hat Server. Expert-level knowledge of JBoss concepts, setup, and administration.
• Ability to properly configure, tune, and slim a JBoss application server on Linux. Knowledge of Linux system administration as it pertains to managing JBoss.
• Basic knowledge of J2EE application development for troubleshooting deployment and operation issues.
• In depth competency in CAS and JBoss Web.
• Excellent documentation skills (hard copy work sample required if selected for Interview).
• Demonstrated experience in working within mixed OS environment and large enterprise team.
• Experience working in a DOT type environment.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.…
d-based human resources experience, coupled with business intuition, and strategic vision across all areas of the organization. Proven ability to rapidly assimilate new information and skills, craft effective solutions to difficult problems, and develop positive relationships of influence with all levels of organization in the business arena.
AREAS OF STRENGTH
• Extensive recruiting experience for high-volume, multi-divisional, complex organizations.
• Experienced in behavior-style interviewing, workforce planning, employment law, and organizational effectiveness.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; HRIS-PeopleSoft; ATS-Employease, Taleo and ICIMS; Lotus Notes and Internet research engines.
• Communication skills – written and oral.
• DDI-Certified Targeted Selection Interviewer
• AIRS-Certified Internet Recruiter; Search Lab 3.0
• Currently pursuing PHR designation
• Emory University, Center for Lifelong Learning (Professional Development Classes), 2002-2007
PROFESSIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERIENCE
Post Properties, Corporate Recruiter, Atlanta, GA September 2005-April 2008
• Responsible for the full-cycle recruitment process, including the development and execution of searches for entry-, mid-, and senior-level exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Successfully recruited candidates across multi-state areas for positions in: sales and marketing, property management, construction, engineering, project management, development and design, accounting and finance, IT, and administrative positions.
• Managed Applicant Tracking System - perform key tasks such as requisitions, postings, and reporting, and train company management on the application.
• Developed creative recruiting methods to minimize or eliminate the use of contingency and retained search. Managed and coordinated recruitment efforts with retained and contingency recruitment vendors; negotiated contracts and fee arrangements based on the company’s practices and procedures.
• Sought, developed, and maintained relationships with recruiting sources including: candidates, employees, other recruiters, college and university officials, alumni groups, business associations, and trade associations to foster an ongoing pipeline of highly competent and qualified professionals.
• Coordinated temporary staffing needs for the corporate offices.
• Managed the employee referral process.
• Administered behavior-based interviews and skill testing.
• Managed the negotiation of offers, including the preparation of the offer packages, and initiating new hire paperwork.
• Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations, software and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Developed and executed all activities relating to staffing strategies, sourcing, and selection criteria.
• Partnered with the hiring managers to develop a strong understanding of the role requirements, accountabilities, and career path opportunities.
• Directly managed college recruiting, job fairs, and internship programs which included 30 students from various colleges and universities on an annual basis.
Bellsouth Intelliventures (Spherion), Recruiter/Client Service Supervisor, Atlanta, GA June 2004-March 2005
• Developed and implemented recruiting strategies to meet internal clients’ needs; was responsible for recruiting, screening, hiring and promoting employees into roles including graphic designers, java developers, and customer service associates.
• Provided leadership and guidance to employees, maintaining ongoing two-way communications, and promoted professionalism, teamwork, and outstanding customer service.
• Advised, counseled, and assisted corporate managers, supervisors, and 65 employees on complex and sensitive employee relations, corporate policies, procedures, and practices: employee conduct and discipline; performance evaluation and appraisal; management-employee communication; and employee services and benefits.
• Created an efficient service organization structure to produce desired results most effectively, focusing on accountability and responsibility.
• Developed comprehensive plans to achieve operational and customer satisfaction objectives. Recommended alternatives when quality cost, original course is perceived to fall short of objectives or appears ineffective in view of quality, costs, schedules or methods.
• Maintained a high level of customer communication while also encouraging ownership, creativity and initiative to develop new methods, techniques and systems to improve current processes resulting in lower costs and higher levels of customer satisfaction.
• Managed the financial objectives of the contract to include operational improvements, administering salary, and recognition programs.
Visionary Systems, Human Resources Associate, Atlanta, GA October 2003-June 2004
• Conducted benefit orientations and enrollment packages overview for new employees.
• Assisted with coordinating the company’s acquisition process, which involved converting the existing previous benefits.
• Managed employee requests pertaining to all benefits administration.
• Conducted enrollment meeting and answered questions pertaining to retirement programs and insurance premiums.
• Acted as a facilitator for group-designed training sessions to familiarize employees with the acquisition of TransUnion, LLC and Visionary Systems, Inc.
• Assisted with sourcing and screening IT candidates.
Peachtree Benefit Group, Client Services Associate, Atlanta, GA January 2003-October 2003
• Produced client proposals and assist with marketing presentations for group insurance options.
• Managed employee claims and issues pertaining to COBRA and HIPAA federal regulations.
• Developed relationships with clients to ensure current and accurate information is provided effectively.
• Monitored and researched state and federal issues that impacted the employee benefits community.
• Coordinated all sales and service activities on a daily basis.
• Created spreadsheets and cost analysis for various options for employer and employee contributions.
US Senator Saxby Chambliss, Coordinator, Atlanta, GA May 2002-December 2002
• Managed logistics for volunteers on a daily basis along with monitoring the campaign database.
• Developed relationships with constituents by ensuring all contacts were current and accurate.
• Organized statewide grassroots operations throughout the Republican Primary.
• Coordinated all volunteer activities pertaining to the operations of voter outreach and fundraising events.
DPOG, Political Aide/Intern, Atlanta, GA August 2001-January 2002
• Compiled dossiers for candidates throughout the state.
• Researched candidates’ records and voting history.
Congressman Ric Keller, Caseworker/Intern, Orlando, FL January 2001-June 2001
• Screened and directed to the appropriate caseworker constituent inquires regarding federal issues.
• Chosen by the District Director to conceptualize and develop a local high school art competition.
• University of Central Florida, B.A. Political Science, May 2001
• University of Urbino, Italy, Study Abroad, June 1999
• SHRM-Atlanta HR Excellence Award Winner, 2007- best-in-class summer internship program
• Vice President, Atlanta Young Republicans, 2002
• Poll Watcher, Fulton County Republican Party, 2001…
o live life without them.
Unicorns aside, I see where you're coming from. I mean, you're the one dealing with it so who am I to say that it's a non-issue?
Re: #4, if sex is taboo, than wouldn't it be irrelevant whether it's gay sex or heterosexual-sex? Sex is not to be discussed among HR folks. Period. That probably goes for Gay Sex, Straight Sex, upside down sex, sex on the discovery channel, sex is not to be discussed among - or in the vicinity of- HR.
From an entirely different angle, call it an analogy: If baseball is not to be discussed in a football locker room, coaches rule and you could get benched from the upcoming game by talking about baseball because to the football coach- baseball is taboo, wouldn't you also assume that the act of pitching, as it pertains to baseball, is off limits to talk about? Pitching is not more taboo than baseball as a whole, it's just part of baseball that can't be talked about in this fictitious locker room.
What I'm saying is, is it possible that you've decided that everyone who's in HR and not gay finds Gay Sex taboo and you're projecting on people, when all they're doing is policing their sexual harassment policy? This is not entirely uncommon for anyone who has concerns about being accepted for one reason or another. Just throwing it out there.
? Today, it would be, do they ban the internet that promotes the latest companies hiring, ban Twitter and Facebook which workers check even while on the job, and are sources that companies and recruiters use to find candidates? If an individual is inclined to listen to, read about or see an opportunity that interests them, they will respond indicating they are most likely open to making a move, whether it comes from a recruiter or another source. Some of the most savvy managers I work with, say recruiting is a way of life and if one of their staff members wants to explore an opportunity that moves their career further, it was most likely time for them to move on. Or if they are disatisfied with their job, definitely time to move on. And, guess what, those managers are usually open to listening to new opportunities as well. And as to owners and top management, they wouldn't think twice if they decided to lay off John or Jane Doe, or outsource their positions if it was to the companies' advantage. As to the recruiter asking the question . . . probably best that you let him or her go. (Didn't s/he understand the job before being hired?) From my experience with new recruiter hires, that is a difficult issue to overcome, and/or a great excuse for them to stay off the phone! My guess, if you don’t let this recruiter go, it will be a very short time before he or she says goodbye! By the way, if the question pertained to recruiting people out of a company that hires from you, then my response would have been different.…
Added by Gay Carter at 1:45pm on February 28, 2011