Joel has not received any gifts yet
We are seeking a Business Analyst for our Direct Client.
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Culver City CA
Duration: 7 months
*** Need Locals to CA
Must have entertainment industry exp
The Business Analyst will provide functional and QA application support on various projects within the Client’s Marketing group. This includes gathering and documenting business requirements for system enhancements and new applications, responding to support requests for vendor and custom systems in production, and managing the QA process.
- Communicate with the functional team and/or users to analyze information needs and requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Wireframes, and User Guides.
- Serve as the strategic interface between the users and the vendor and/or internal IT groups to resolve problems and fulfill requests for Client’s Marketing group applications.
- Understand, communicate, and manage user expectations for Client’s Marketing group systems supported.
- Analyze/understand Client’s Marketing business challenges; determine application customization needs; identify and analyze reporting requirements; and troubleshoot/resolve, or participate in resolution of, system issues that may impact the business.
- Work with the users, vendor, and internal IT groups to plan and manage periodic vendor application upgrades, including user acceptance testing and communication of new functionality to the users.
- Implement structured functional QA process for internal Marketing group team.
- Lead and perform functional testing for enhancements to Marketing group systems and new Marketing group applications.
- Create/review test plan, test cases, conditions and/or scenarios based on functional specifications.
- Coordinate functional QA tasks among several testers.
- Fulfill functional QA role throughout entire software product lifecycle, working with the development team to coordinate builds and release cycles.
- Work with internal and external QA team to conduct performance testing.
- B.S. in computer science or IT-related field preferred
- 4-6 years Business Analyst experience, which includes generating functional requirements documentation
- 3-5 years Lead QA Analyst experience, which includes managing QA process, writing test cases, submitting defects, and creating test plans
- 2-4 years experience using software testing/defect tracking tools, such as HP Mercury Quality Center
- 2-4 years experience supporting web-based / vendor applications
- 2-4 years working in projects that have used formal software methodologies, RUP methodology preferred
- Previous experience generating RUP artifacts preferred
- Previous entertainment experience preferred (preferably in television)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex technical information to non-technical business users
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable dealing with a wide span of people from executive management to offshore developers
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adjust to frequent changes in requirements and deadlines
- Extensive experience working with IT functional and technical teams
- Ability to generate solid business requirements specifications
- Focused on delivering results
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work extended hours when needed to meet project deadline
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com or CALL Joel @ 310-448-2888 Ext 812, to discuss more.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this posting and pass it on. I very much appreciate it.
Comment Wall (33 comments)
You need to be a member of RecruitingBlogs to add comments!
This is Ashok with Miracle Software Systems.
We are maintaining Strategic Alliance with some SAP /Other Vendors and want to make them our preferred vendors. We have vast number of direct client all over US.
Recently we are working with some SAP /Other customers and have some requirements on hand and expecting some requirements in future as well.
If you are interested with working with us could you please send me the following details:
Please check my company details below.
Miracle Software Systems,Inc( 45625 Grand River Ave,Novi,MI-48374) provides information technology services to businesses and public sector organizations throughout the U.S.Miracle is a leading integrator of solutions from FileNET, Oracle,Premier Partner with IBM, and a certified Microsoft Solutions Provider, the company's services include: Enterprise Web Content Management and Integration Services, eCommerce Solutions,CRM / ERP/SCM Services, Portal Development, Imaging and Electronic Document Management, Automated Workflow Processing, Enterprise Application Software Development, Legacy System Data Conversion and Migration, IT Staff Augmentation Services and Operational Support Services.The Miracle Group employs approximately 1,400 people Globally in United States(multiple locations),Canada, Australia,Singapore,Europe,United Kingdom,Huge Offshore Development Center in India. For more information, visit the Miracle web site at www.miraclesoft.com
Head Quarters Address:
Total number of W2 Consultants:
Number of Resources available in
1) SAP Functional Consultants.
2) SAP Technical.
3) Others if you have any.
Pleases let me know if you need more information.
Thanks & Regards,
Miracle Software Systems, Inc.,
45625 Grand River
Novi, MI, USA
Work No. (248) 233.1831
Fax No. (248) 350 2575
An IBM Premier Business Partner
Go to my site: http://jobirn.com, we have openings for SAP, peoplesoft, C#, C++, Java... you can find a list of java here: job-hunting-2.blogspot.com. Thanks.
I am working as a sourcing Specialist with 4Consulting Inc. We have direct Clients like Deloitte, FedEx, State of Texas, State of North Carolina , State of Michigan Etc. Please add me to your list so that we can have a wonderful business relationship in the near future.
Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to business/recruiting opportunities with you!
Thank you! Nice to see you here too. :)
Have a productive day!~
All the best,
Good to read about you,it would be a good journey together.Please introduce me to other Recruiting Groups or Blogs. I love networking.
Please keep in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email me also at email@example.com
I am the “Admin” for the Recruiters On LinkedIn group. You have recently joined and this is a "welcome" to the group and "here is how it works".
Over the past year I have been experimenting how best to facilitate members being able to connect with each other. Some want to connect with everyone and some are looking for a few meaningful connections.
1-2 times per week I send a group introduction message with 10-15 new members and reintroducing others.
What this means for you is simple, do you wish to be introduced to the group?
You have 4 options from which to choose:
(A) “Open Networker” with name, email address, and LinkedIn URL as you want to connect with anyone and everyone.
(B) “General Introduction” with name and LinkedIn URL as you are specific about who you want to connect with.
(C) “Lurker” no announcement will be made as you want to be on the sidelines connecting with people as you wish.
(D) “Super Open Networker” which is (A) plus having your contact information on the group page.
A caution on the “Open Networker”, you may be inundated with invitations to connect. For some this is exactly what they are hoping for and others this could be a pain.
I do ask, if you receive invitations from members you do not want to connect with that you “Archive” the message versus “I don’t know” so the sender is not penalized by LinkedIn although how you handle this is up to you.
Again your options are (A), (B), (C), (D).
Please include your LinkedIn URL and email address you prefer to receive invitations and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time.
View All Comments