It’s that time of year again…………………….in fact ‘tis the season to be jolly Fa la la la la, la la la la!
The trouble is that always, without a doubt, someone is going to make a fool of themselves at the office Christmas party. People end up saying or doing things they might regret. Remember it might be a party, but it’s also a work event – people will be watching!
We thought we’d give you some top tips to avoid embarrassment.
- Before the nights festivities begin, make sure you eat something sensible. Yogurt is a good way to line the stomach.
- Dress appropriately. If your attire is way too tight or shows far too much flesh you might regret it.
- Pace yourself, drinking water or soft drinks periodically might save you from a really bad head in the morning
- If food is on offer at the party, make sure you eat
- Be nice to the venue staff, they are probably having a hard time
- Remember to thank your bosses before you get inebriated.
- Never tell your boss what you really think of them at the party.
- Be careful what you share or allow anyone else to share on social media
- Don’t be the one that everyone talks about the next day
- Avoid mistletoe at all costs!
Bonus tip – Plan your route home in advance
Have fun, be safe and ensure you keep your job into 2017!