With extremely high open rates the recruiting world needs more texting options. Fortunately through tools like Emissary.ai we are starting to see an emergence of startups making texting a bigger part of the candidate experience.
I asked them by email what use cases they see for the recruiting world. Here's what they told me.
Every employer and staffing agency has different needs when it comes to candidate communications. Emissary aims to provide them a full range of texting options, so they can focus on the things that generate the most value for them and adapt their approach over time as their recruiting needs/strategies change.
- 1-to-1 Texting – Our Chrome browser extension allows recruiters to text candidates from any website they use as part of their process. That could be their ATS, LinkedIn or some other solution. It can really help recruiters save time. For example, scheduling an interview by text message is a lot faster and more reliable than leaving voicemail after voicemail, and takes a fraction of the time…
- Short Codes – Lots of employers use career fairs and other forms of on-site recruiting, for example at retail locations. Emissary’s custom short code solution gives them a vehicle to capitalize on that ‘real world’ recruiting footprint by offering candidates an opportunity to request more information and interact by text.
- Share by Text – Lots of sites offer ‘social sharing’ options, but virtually none support sharing jobs by text message, even though texting is more universal. Our Share by Text tool allows employers to enable easier referrals by letting visitors text their jobs with a single click, while measuring the impact of that activity. It’s a great tool for job boards as well because the ROI is through the roof.
- Text Retargeting – This is a really unique feature that we offer. Basically, it’s an opt-in text message reminder that targets the 90-95% of candidates that visit a job, but never apply. Engagement is very high… CTR is typically 20-30% per message, as is conversion rate. Can you think of any other tool that gives you 30% conversion? This is another tool that works really well for our job board clients, as well as for employers.
- Text Campaigns – Recruiters can upload a list of contacts in bulk, then message that list using a template that inserts details from the list dynamically, like the job seeker’s name or the position they expressed interest in. Text campaigns can be particularly useful for employers with seasonal hiring needs. For example, let’s say a ski resort wants to reach out to all its employees from the previous season to see if they’re interested in returning? An email campaign would get lost in the shuffle or ignored, but a text campaign will get read and responded to very quickly.
I'm curious what other use cases you think should be included. Leave a comment with any suggestions.