You’re a new person on a new job?
Trying to become one of the collective? Believe it is worth trying. Good relationships between colleagues are very important. Here is the list of some best practices and behaviors for building trust. So, the first thing you should remember is that being trustworthy is obligatory, other important points are described below.
- Be honest: Try to be as honest as you can. Answer questions honestly and be a truth-teller. So the main practice here is to owning up your mistakes.
- Realistic risk: you should try to stay focused and calm in different situations. It is a good point for you to help people when a crisis occurs. Also, you should learn the risk before you are taking the job to be successful.
- Share information: Show that you have no hidden agenda. If the information is not confidential, don’t be afraid to share it to build trust.
- Be congruent: Remember the simple fact that actions speak louder than words. In other words, practice what you preach. If you want your colleagues to trust you, try to make your actions align with your words.
- Treat people with respect: Try to be a respectful and show your genuine interest in others. It is very important being interested in everyone you work with and to do this sincerely. So, you can become a friend for everyone.
- Follow through: Making a promise always try to deliver it. For example, if you promised to call (to write a letter, to make a visit) to somebody, you should do it for sure. If you word is your bond, the people will trust you.
- Provide clear, consistent direction: Try to use these three words people to describe your person: dependable, constant and resolute. These features inspire trust for sure. Never change your way suddenly, people need to know they can rely on you and your decisions.
- Communicate: Talk to people. Trust is based on effective communication. Your communication should always be kind and sincere.
And remember that building trust is a hard and long process. You can’t change behavior of other people, but you can turn yours to the better way. You should exam and improve your own habits. Read all these behaviors. Are you constantly practicing them? It is always the right time to start if you are not. It is the process of building bridges before you even need them.
Read more interesting posts here: academic-writing.org-blog - "16-educational-news"
Good luck with your HR business!