Everybody works hard but only a select few are known as great closers. Over the past 10 years my teams have placed 15,000 candidates into new jobs/positions with clients for fees over $500M.
Here are some of the the things that I teach and have witnessed as helping to make a great closer:
- Closers close all the time, every chance they get
- Closers are not cocky, they are good
- Closers are great at listening to their clients and candidates and understand the wants & needs
- Closers vary their style and have multiple closing techniques to rely on
- Closers are very confident in themselves
- Closers have a high degree of enthusiasm
- Closers are extremely knowledgeable about their clients industry
- Closers are creative and find ways to make things happen, they are flexible
- Closers are true professionals
- Closers don't dodge difficult subjects, they meet them head on
- Closers realize that the close starts from the beginning
- Closers follow a process
- Closers have great sales skills to handle objections, time management, etc.
- Closers have good instincts to help guide them to say and do the right things
- Closers ask great questions
- Closers work very hard and leave nothing to chance, they keep the numbers game in their favor
When you have built strong relationships with your clients and candidate the closing comes easy. When you want things to go your way you have to relax and don't be overanxious.
Focus on the positive and be attractive by showing your attitude, putting out a strong effort and following a proven system that leads you to success.
- We create a competitive advantage for technology driven companies by delivering the people essential to their success