This year’s top five blog posts (at least, according to Google Analytics) not only generated the most traffic, but also represents something of a microcosm for RecruitingBlogs.
Each of these posts was bylined by a working HR or recruiting professional with a unique perspective - and voice – as a practitioner from across the broad spectrum of talent acquisition and management.
There are a lot of content marketers and consultants hanging around, present company included. We crank out a lot of copy. But the cool thing about RecruitingBlogs is that the stuff that really resonates with our audience represents what’s on the minds of real recruiting and HR practitioners, not PR and marketing communications mouthpieces.
Here’s what was top of mind in the top 5 posts of 2013 at RecruitingBlogs:
5. The Worst Thing That Can Happen to Training by Sean Pomeroy: “If your training programs don’t have quality and comprehensive information that compounds upon your investment in your management team, well, it probably won’t work!”
4. 8 Tips to Help You Become A Networking Genius by Ryan Leary: “Never just throw your business card at someone the minute you meet them.”
3. It’s the Headhunter Fee, Stupid! by Ken Forrester: “The reason headhunting remains the most effective recruitment method is because as headhunters we recruit ahead of the need.”
2. How To Spot A Recruiter Worth Working With by Chadd Balbi: “There is a large, growing population that views recruiting as a useless profession. They find recruiters to be greedy, selfish and more concerned with their commission than the candidates … As a seasoned recruiter, this quite frankly pisses me off.
1. People Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Leaders by Greg Savage: “When they talk about ‘morale,’ when they say ‘communication is poor,’ when they express frustration at the lack of clarity for their career progression – they are telling you it’s the leaders they are leaving.”
Thanks for a great year - and look forward to more kick butt content in 2014.
Thank you and congrats to all on the list!