One of the things I love about Recruitingblogs.com that it gives people a chance to connect with one another to form a community. Within this community, we have access to information such as updated industry practices, new technologies, and of course recruiting blogs. It’s a great format to blog about our profession and it also gives people opportunity to comment on these blogs. Most of the blogs are thought provoking such as this topic.
When JD suggested this topic, I had to step back and think about what makes me a Smart Recruiter. I had listed five reasons why and these are not in any special order but all of them are important.
1. I believe in myself and my profession. It’s the reason I get up in the morning and work until it’s time for dinner. Sometimes, I work late but it’s because I want to.
2. I always try to keep my courage to face the uncertainty or the unknown. I do this because I care. I get encouragement with the support of my family, friends and our RBC community.
3. I embrace challenges and I expect no less then the best that I can do to do my job, to help others and to promote our profession.
4. I simplify and maintain focus. I do this by keeping up with all updated industry practices, new technologies and by reading blogs about recruiting.
5. I believe in customer service. This mean that you treat everyone with respect, have empathy for them, listen to them, and you do all you can to help them with solutions to their problems.
If I made a difference, small or large, I am successful. Perhaps this makes me a Smart Recruiter.