Today’s job-seekers are on the move and more connected with their mobile devices than ever. More than 85 percent of people looking for jobs use their smartphones to start a job search on a job board, and 70 percent prefer to apply via their mobile devices. More than half want to upload their resumes on the go. If your mobile recruiting strategy isn’t up to speed, top prospects are likely leaving your company behind. Why are nine in 10 workers using mobile apps to find their next job, and how can you keep pace?
To reach more prospective applicants on mobile platforms, create a mobile recruiting strategy that includes:
- An easy, one-button application. The longer the job application, the fewer candidates who will complete it on their smartphones.
- Ability to capture an applicant’s contact information, areas of interest, current responsibilities and a link to a social media profile.
- A mobile-optimized careers site. Pages should look good on small screens, should be easy to navigate and should require minimal clicks to reach important content.
- A reliable method for measuring mobile career site traffic. Track how many job seekers visit your careers site on smartphones versus laptops; the numbers may surprise you and support greater spending on mobile recruiting.
- Clear, easy-to-find information on available jobs, benefits and total compensation.