As you must have realized that Human Resources department is a critical department for an organization. Though it was easier earlier to push an HR department in the background, when making some important decisions, it has, over the years, become increasingly difficult to side track it. Especially, when there has been so much emphasis on people management or rather talent management.
Managing people has always been and would always be the primary function of an HR department. However, like everything else this function too had undergone severe changes in the past few years. And this is where human resources department went searching for certified human resources professionals, who could lead the talent management program in an organization and ensure that everything went smoothly.
Certified professionals? Why certified specifically and why not just human resources professionals? Simply because certified professionals come with a guarantee that they are well adept in handling all the latest tools and techniques in the human resource department. A certified professional is also proficient in managing the talent successfully, while offering solutions that are appreciated, approved and well accepted by both the parties – employees and employers.
So here are reasons why certifications are important.
Importance Of Human Resources Professional Certification
Certifications would only add on to your knowledge and would be a mark in your favor on your resume. But if you are still unconvinced about why certifications are important for your career. Here are some of the points that would throw a light on the importance of human resources professional certification.
1. Certifications would increase your knowledge
2. It would strengthen your resume or curriculum vitae
3. Certifications are your best bet to ensure that you are thorough with your HR knowledge and even up to date
4. With certifications you would be able to demonstrate your commitment to Human Resources field
5. Certifications would also help in enhancing your confidence in your abilities to do your job well
6. With certifications you could showcase your commitment to the learning and development as well
7. With certifications you would be earning higher credentials as compared to your peers who are not interested in human resources certifications
8. Certifications would help you in gaining positive favors from your colleagues, sub-ordinates, and even seniors
9. Certifications help you in improving your quality of work, ensuring that you perform consistently time and again
10. In case you are not satisfied in your current organization then certifications could help you in getting another job
11. Last but definitely not the least, if you are planning to work outside the US, then human resources professional certification would help you in getting that coveted job in the country you desire.
But like the fact that certifications are important, equally important is the institute whence you are obtaining your HR certifications. Here is the list of reputed and recognized certifications that you might like to check out.
Human Resources Certifications For You
1. HRCI or HR Certification Institute: HRCI has been one of the oldest institutes offering HR certifications to the professional world over. HRCI offers certifications for both entrants and senior level. Depending on your qualification and expertise choose from aPHR or Associate Professional in Human Resource, aPHRi or Associate Professional in Human Resource – International, SPHR or Senior Professional in Human Resource, SPHRi or Senior Professional in Human Resource, PHR or Professional in Human Resource, PHR-Ca or Professional in Human Resource –California, PHRi or Professional in Human Resource –International.
2. TMI or Talent Management Institute: TMI or The Talent Management institute with its unique certifications, aims to take a step further than merely fueling the 21st century human resource through talent management. So you can choose from TMP or Talent Management Practitioner, STMP or Senior Talent Management Practitioner and GTML that is Global Talent Management Leader.
3. SHRM or Society For Human Resource Management: Initially a branch of HRCI, SHRM has evolved as one separate entity offering two major certifications for professionals seeking a career in HR. SHRM-CP or SHRM- Certified Professional, or SHRM-SCP or SHRM-Senior Certified Professional are two certifications offered by SHRM.