Recruiting Rants (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do you want to know?

I'll be at ERE next week and plan to sit down with several people and ask them for their view on the current economic situation, as it rela…

Started by Susan Burns

0 Oct 24, 2008

Recruiting in a Down Economy

6 months ago, I was staring at our applicant tracking system and our job board thinking "How on earth are we going to fill 85 jobs in the n…

Started by Sweeds

1 Oct 19, 2008

"Reply with Remove in Subject Line"

As an IT recruiter I get many emails everyday from H1b consulting companies pimping their consultants. This is a complete waste of my time!…

Started by Tom Byrne

4 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Tom Byrne

"Pay Yourself First."

What do you think of the "pay yourself first " mantra? It's always kind of puzzled me. Jason, I saw your post that it was a good idea jus…

Started by Maureen Sharib

7 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by Maureen Sharib

HR Departments Reducing Shareholder’s Value

OK…my first rant. I realize the last person you want to contact when trying to place an accomplished, multi-award winning National Sales Di…

Started by Dan Fournier

2 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Dan Fournier

Hi everybody! Let's list our best candidate excuses for no-showing the interview!

1. The infamous train strike/crash/disappearance that never appears in any news reports. 2. "I had nothing to wear" 3. "My boss told me not…

Started by Michael Katz

24 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Joanne Michener

Interviewing nightmare

Hi everyone, I am reaching out to everyone for HELP! I have a candidate that is outstanding on paper and looks very good in person but his…

Started by Mary Larson

18 Sep 5, 2008
Reply by Joshua Letourneau

Recruiting burn out, any suggestions?

Quick background on myself, I am a Degreed Electrical Engineer who left Engineering back in 2001 due to the premature birth of my first son…

Started by Jason Babyak

2 Aug 29, 2008
Reply by Jerry Albright

Is Social Media Relevant To Recruiters?

I've been writing StlRecruiting.com as a local recruiting blog since 2004, and in that time, the explosion of online recruitment blogs has…

Started by Jim Durbin

1 Aug 29, 2008
Reply by Amitai Givertz

LinkedIn Corporate Recruiting Solutions

I just got off a demo call with LinkedIn Corporate Recruiting Solutions. (Pricing is not available without the demo.) I was surprised to f…

Started by Paul Lovallo

36 Aug 27, 2008
Reply by Heather Gardner

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service