ed. Or, if it is another issue, like being too senior a manager, etc., I would provide them that information.
IF the candidate wants to take a major pay cut, and have reduced responsibilities, it's still quite possible that there are other reasons why they wouldn't be the right fit. In such cases, if you have a receptive client, you might still ask them to at least phone interview the candidate... which probably won't make any difference, but it might.
I have had hugely 'overqualified' candidates end up getting hired, but usually it is with a different title and with more responsibilities, salary, stock options, etc. It is a rarity, but not to be completely dismissed.…
e Brand. On the question of responsibility. I say that HR/Recruitment, Marketing & PR - the 3 business disciplines which lead the management of the organisation's reputation and image - are responsible; with HR/Recruitment taking the lead on EB. ALL employees (from leadership to core team members) have a major impact on the brand through their behaviour.…
mic data warehouse team in a major financial institution to conduct the following major tasks:
· Design and implement various reporting applications for BI and compliance
· Create, maintain, and support data warehousing applications and processes.
· Performance tuning on report generation both in the application and in the database layer.
The potential candidate must have the following experience and skills.
· Extensive knowledge of software development life-cycle
· Proficient in databases development within Oracle and Sybase. Good SQL skill.
· Knowledge on Equity trading. Familiar with equity trading data analysis.
The following skills are strongly preferred:
· Scripting experience with UNIX shell and Perl
· Knowledge in C/C++, UNIX internals
· Job control and system monitoring tools such as Autosys and ITRS.
· BI and compliance reporting experience
· Data modeling and ER diagram
· Knowledge on financial instrument, market data and reference data.…
orts of civilians and contractor personnel engaged in installation management information technology (IM/IT) operations planning, garrison DOIM support, and systems implementation, fielding and support, having supervisory oversight of multiple subordinate branches or similar organizational units.
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
- Program management responsibility of all IM/IT mission areas to include program/project management, life-cycle management, and document management in operations planning, or garrison DOIM support or systems implementation, fielding and support.
- Provides advice and assistance to the DCIO-OPS, Installation Management Command Chief Information Officer (IMCOM CIO) and other ACSIM, DA and DOD Senior Leadership on major IM/IT systems, policies, and programs.
- Serves as a key system expert and focal point for IM/IT within the Office of the ACSIM/IMCOM CIO for operations planning, garrison DOIM support or systems implementation, fielding and support, as directed by the Office of IMCOM CIO.
- Provides the overall structure for IM/IT information for top level decision-making within the Army and the IMCOM.
- Provides IM/IT services and systems to all installation-management personnel throughout the IMCOM.
- Provides services in IM/IT consultancy, program and project management and customer relationship management in operations planning, garrison DOIM support, and systems implementation, fielding and support.
- Supervises the activities of multiple subordinate individuals, branches or similar organizational units engaged in carrying out assigned functions
§ Evaluates work performance of subordinates, and gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
§ Approves subordinates’ recommendations for appointment, promotion, or reassignment of such positions. Hears and resolves complaints from employees.
§ Effects all disciplinary measures within the DCIO-OPS Division. -- Approves developmental and training needs of employees and provides or arranges for needed development and training.
§ Accountable for implementing and sustaining minimum essential controls that conform to internal control standards for ADP related activities.
-- Prior service as an 05/06 (LTC or Col) or GS14 equivalent
-- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline.
-- Five to Ten years of project management of IT or IT relative programs with a focus on Department of Defense.
-- Staff officer experience on a major headquarters staff and within a DOIM or IMCOM organization is highly desired...
If you are someone who fits this requirement or knows someone please email me your resume